P.S I've decided that Mayanaise is what people from Mayo are called.

My online diary is now open for business!!!

Saturday 5 April 2008

Our Journey Continues....

We've now chosen a main location, Ballyhaunis. We visited the Ballyhaunis community school on Thursday.
To be truthful it was a bit of a dump so mum doesn't really like the idea of me going there. But on the plus side we may have found our new house! It's in a great location. We'd be surrounded by really rich people, close to town and still have the tranquility of the country side. YAY! Trouble is it's kind of derelict and needs a whole lot of work i.e dry lining, floor replacing and stuff. DOH! The estate agent said it would take 40,000 euro to make it habitable, but others say differently. So we've sent off for a structural survey and contacted a bulider who is kindly going to look at the house and give us a price on fixing it up. (fingers crossed)
Yesterday we did a really long drive around the Connemara and it was really beautiful. It's a real shame that I can't upload the pictures I took of it, but hopefully when you guys come over, we'll be able to take you.
We're having a great time here! Looking forward to seeing you all! Oh and thanks for the comment Nat. I see if I can call you sometime soon! :-D


Signing off!
Olivia xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HaHa,
I don't know why I'm laughing,
anyway it's half term so you won't be missing much work =]
Good luck with the house,
and PICK A SCHOOL ALREADY!!!
I thought you had one in mind before you left,
I will be sending you an e-mail,
Bekio,
xx