P.S I've decided that Mayanaise is what people from Mayo are called.

My online diary is now open for business!!!

Saturday 19 April 2008

A Lot to Say!!!

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry I didn't update sooner, I didn't have much to say. But now I do! So listen carefully....

Wednesday
On Wednesday, I got my flute exam results. (Drum roll please, dunnananananananananana...) MERIT! WOOOOOOOT! I got 124 out of 150 making it a very close but well earned.... (dunanananana) merit. SCORE! I was really surprised at the sight-reading grade ; 17/18. I thought I did terribly but the examiner obviously thought otherwise. The problem with sight-reading is you have no idea what the tune is supposed to sound like, I guess that's a good thing! (Well, in my experience it is.) I got minor errors in everything but still came out top. This has taught me a well learned lesson; it's easy to make mistakes, getting away with them is the hard bit! (LOL!)
We also went to visit our good friend Carmel. She is the hostess of a bed-and-breakfast we stayed at in February, called the Oakdale Manor. She's a plump woman with a really beautiful, Lassy-like dog. She offered me a job for the summer, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, looking after the dog and vacuuming. Well, I can vacuum. I have also proved my skills of cleaning the bathroom (it's true ask mum!) I love dogs, especially Poppy. It's the making beds part I'm stuck on. :-~ (Any tips, write a comment.) There's also going to be a wedding rehearsal held at the manor, which she might want us to help with. Well, we do need something to pass the time.

Friday
On Friday, I had my first flute lesson here. But turns out, the woman's English! She's from Plymouth and moved here four years ago. She said she was in exactly the same situation as us; the long drive, the renting situation, the finding a house. Her name is Clare and she's really nice. We did the lesson in her music studio. It was a really cool space with pictures of saxaphones, and trumpets on the walls. The lesson went quickly and at the end Mum came to listen to us when we were playing a duet of 'My Bonny Lies Over The Ocean'. It was really pretty, (pretty easy too!) Clare said that I was a really good sight reader and gave me things to practice until next week. That'll keep me busy!

Saturday, (Today)
Today I had to do a test at my new girls school with all the other girls who were going to be in my year. And I'm telling you they were such ... well... GIRLS! As soon as I walked in the room I wanted to melt into the ground. They were all so delicate and small, THEY SERIOUSLY LOOKED LIKE 6YR OLDS! It made me feel... like the odd one out; which I was! I mean, they all had shoulder length straight/wavy hair and were either pale or paler; Irish or Polish.
I probably looked like a Rastafarian nutter to their eyes. They were all so surprised when I spoke to the teacher about some help with filling in my name, English accent instead of a Jamaican one. IN YOUR FACE GIRLIES! (evil laugh; muh hu hahahahahaaaa!) I told Mum and she's worried about whether I'll fit in. So I guess we have some more schools to visit. ;-D

Signing off with an evil laugh,

Nutty Rasta. xx






2 comments:

Aunty Jacs said...

OMG!!! LOL!! oOOH. it's all happening. Great reading your news, looking forward to the next episode. Well done for passing your flute exam. As for your summer job....well what can i say. You making beds...ha...you'd better hope for fitted sheets and duverts. I can see the Lassie type dog taking YOU for a walk. What fun! So now are you perfecting your Jamaican dialect.. you wouldn't want to disappoint anyone now would you?!! Lots of Love xx

Nana said...

What can I say that Aunty Jacs has not already said. I'm just happy to read all your exciting news and add my congrats on passing your flute exam. I hope you continue in the same vein. Love the bit about the school entrance exams and your observations of the other girls! Now I wait to hear something positive from your surveyor on the pending house purchase. Love and xx