P.S I've decided that Mayanaise is what people from Mayo are called.

My online diary is now open for business!!!

Sunday 1 June 2008

Barking Mad!!!

ATTENTION EVERYONE! I am proud to declare that we are members of the Mayo Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. (Yay!)
Let me explain...
I am currently working on persuading Mum to get a dog. Mum said that if we do get a dog, we will adopt from an animal shelter. So we went to check out the animal shelter to see what it was about. Before we knew it we joined the M.S.P.C.A and agreed to start our volunteer work the very next day! So on that Thusrday, we walked the abandoned, abused and lost dogs. There were only a few dogs and cats so we only walked four doggies; Cilla, Pepper, Jack and Puppy. (Puppy hasn't got a name yet, she's gorgeous though.) My favourite is Pepper. He is buzzing with energy and has a little yellow ball that he offers to all who comes near him. We played fetch with his ball in a big open field with high untamed grass, and he loved it. He answered to his name and found his little toy wherever it landed. (I'll see if I can get a picture next time.)
It was the last Orchestra this Saturday and there were a few iteresting announcements:
  1. The Orchestra will have it's own concert next year and we'll have to perform ELEVEN PIECES. (I don't know if I can play that long!)
  2. And hopefully next year we will be performing at a concert in HOLLAND with other orchestras all over Europe.(HOLLAND!)

This Saturday I didn't have Spot, I rode Merlin,who was quite nice. I was a bit more confident with him and he was quite affectionate; when we gave him a piece of carrot, he bent his neck all the way round to mum, asking for more. (Aww.) I also did my first jump with Merlin and it went smoothly. (YAY!) I'm riding him again next week. Looking forward to it.

Today we were going to have Sunday lunch at the Kelly's again but Joan went to hospital with yet another asthma attack. So we decided to go on another one of our beautiful drives. We found a waterfall in a forest at Tormakeady (as you can see from the pics.) Enjoy them....

Speak soon

Doggie De Santos xx

1 comment:

Nana said...

Hi Lov

Brilliant! Love the photos. Everything looks calm and peaceful. I'll have to start saving hard to travel to see you riding and performing with the orchestra. Are you sure about wanting a dog for life (and not just for Xmas) though?

Much love xxx