P.S I've decided that Mayanaise is what people from Mayo are called.

My online diary is now open for business!!!

Monday 9 June 2008

Not a lot to say!!!

Dad came down yesterday and he's staying for a week. Yesterday we showed Dad the site and took him to meet the Kelly's. While they were chatting, Connor and I played with the dogs, Rover and Murphy, who were tied up out back. That was fun, but it wasn't much fun for them, being tied up and kept from the rest of the family and all.
Dad spent the whole drive home talking about how similar Mayo is to the Caribbean.
Today we went on a drive down to Lough Mask. While Dad wondered around the hill and enjoyed the scenery, he spotted a small strip of golden sand in the distance. We drove up to it and the view was pure bliss. You can see from the pictures how blue the water is. In real life it's even more breath taking. Sand is a bit grainy but the temperature is perfect and it also exfoliates your feet. Dad and I tried stepping in the water and, truth be told, the longer you stand in it the colder it gets! But that's a good thing because the water is as pure as drinking water, so you could have ready chilled drinking water! Another fascinating fact about that beach is that if you rub the sand on your skin, it leaves gold glitter on your skin. It was all over my feet and I didn't want to put my socks back on. As you walk up and down the beach, you can see the glitter and some of them are quite big, like a five pence piece. Mum thinks it might be real gold, and that if we dig deep enough we'll find nuggets!
Horse riding was cool this week. I didn't have Spot or Merlin. I had Guinness. He is a dream to ride, responds really well. They put me down for him for next week. But they put me down for Merlin last week and I got Guinness, so who knows who I'm gonna get.:-s

Speak soon
O xx

3 comments:

cyn said...

Lovely scenery. It looks like Mitzy's not interested though.

Sand is supposed to be gritty. I see you're almost as tall as your dad, you;ll tower over both your parents soon.

James & Ben drove like nutters as karting today. I hope they're alot calmer next week. They have to be tested before they are allowed to go up to ADVANCE CADETS.

Speak again soon
love Cyn.

Nana said...

You look nice and comfy on guinness. Hope you continue making good progress with your riding. I am sure you were happy to see your Dad and show him around your new 'home'. Aunt Jac would be taking up residence when we go away on Thursday to see your great gran in T/dad. I hope it does not rain too much while we are there.
We hope to spend around 4 days in Tobago to give our hosts a break.
I hope to hear that you have heard from the council that you can start with your housebuilding by the time we return.
Take care now.
Lots of love. xxx

Aunty Jacs said...

Hi. What fantastic photographs! I'm the photographer of the family..I see I have competition! You look very well..Turning into a right little country bumpkin aren,t you?

Our loft conversion is almost finished. The builders have gone but will return in a couple of weeks to do some finishing up after the carpenter and roofer have done their bit. The DUST and MESS is beginning to do my had head in!

My sanctuary...the allotment..ah..makes me smile just thinking about it! It is looking absolutely fabulous. I've been going there at 4.30am and toiling away until 7. but it has been worth it. It is packed.
Courgettes, broccoli,red french beans,Maris Piper pots,white cabbages, red cabbages,cauliflower, leeks, sweetcorn,lettuce, red onions,white onions,shallots, spring onions.carrots,parsnips,beetroot,swede, tomatoes, peas and Maris Peer pots (new pots). And I'm trying to find space to put in all my peppers and curly kale!
Look forwrd to reading your next installment of 'Becoming Mayonaise'..dum,dum.dum!
lots of love,
tanty