P.S I've decided that Mayanaise is what people from Mayo are called.

My online diary is now open for business!!!

Tuesday 13 May 2008

Horsing Around!!!

On Saturday I went to horse riding again and I was really looking forward to it as I'm starting to get the hang of the trot. The last lesson, I rode a horse called Guinness but this time they put me on a horse called Finbar. I jumped on his back and he was really sweaty. He must of had a really hard morning! If you put your hand over him but didn't touch him, you could feel the warmth and moisture oozing from his fur. Weird! Anyway, Arlene, my teacher, told the group to start walking around. Finbar obeyed and started walking. We got half way around the ring then he started shaking his head furiously. The boy in front laughed and I laughed with him. Then.... Suddenly.... Finbar dropped to his knees, rolled over to the side (flinging me off) and started rolling around in the sandy mud to cool himself off. So I stood there watching the crazy horse rolling in the dirt. One of the helpers in the stable, Emma, came over and asked if I was ok. I was ok, it didn't hurt. After all he didn't roll on top of me! Emma took him out of the field and I waited for someone to get me another horse. They brought me a horse called Ginger. She was ok. Trotting with her seemed surprisingly easy. In fact, Arlene got me to trot without holding on to the saddle, just the reins, because I was doing so well. Scary stuff, but Arlene said that next lesson I can trot by myself without someone running along side me. That'll be fun!

Also on Saturday, I joined the Castlebar youth orchestra but some of the people there were OAP's which was strange. I did quite well. Some of it was really easy. But as an Orchestra it sounded pretty terrible but a man explained to mum that it was because we were playing new pieces. So the only way up! There was a girl about 18,Catherine, sitting next to me playing first flute as well. We started chatting. She was nice, helped me out a lot. She actually wasn't supposed to be there. She was just filling in for someone else. She's a teacher and finished all the grades as well as music leaving cert (A levels). Catherine also said that Irish music board exams are way easier than Associated board. She's a nice person to talk to but after 3 weeks she wont be there. :-( Oh well.

Still enjoying the sunny weather and going on some beautiful drives.
Can't wait to start this house!!!

Signing off,

Aivilo xx

3 comments:

cyn said...

Ben picked up horse riding quite quickly and could trot on his own, James picked it up a bit slower but got there in the end. They didn't like when the had to brush them down. We gave up because it was too expensive. Just as we started to wear our summer clothes the weather has changed and is now cold (like winter) and wet.
We need the sun back fast. I finish my guitar lessons in 7 weeks and I'll have to look for a new teacher if I want to carry on.

Hope you keep busy.

love cyn

Nana said...

Hi Liv

I see you're getting into riding good and proper now. I'm glad you're enjoying your new past-time.
Are you bored not having to go to school or just enjoying your extended holiday while it lasts?
Glad that you have made some new friends.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun,
You're having wayyyyy more fun than me.
In the space of 2 months,
Ms Iqubal has left the building,
We had a gay ICT teacher for like 3weeks.
I went to the Imperial College (haha) and made DNA,
Erm, oh yeah,
Yousaf said he'll accept I don't like himn if I give him a kiss,
I kicked then slapped Sherif.
(you should've seen the year 7's jump on him.
Martina is trying to be exactly like Mary (soo Mary, it's scary)
And Martna's mum beats her (the whole world knows now because of Holly Dorkhouse)
I'll write you an e-mail.
Beckioooooooo
(rebecca)
xxx